Observant Masons believe that by observing what the history of our Craft tells us in regard to that intent, we will find the optimal Masonic experience. We say observant, and speak of observance, because we seek to observe the blueprints of that intent to the best of our knowledge and ability. Even more simply, we want to do things right, and we don’t want to settle for less. We want to pursue excellence in all aspects of our Masonic labour. Andrew Hammer PM Alexandria - Washington Lodge #2
If Observant Lodges seems different somehow, that's because brothers are re-discovering some things that we once did as a fraternity, but which have been either forgotten about or just lost through time. Simply put, this not some other kind of Masonry; it is what many of thought Masonry was.
· We focus on Brotherly Love and perfecting the work
· Moment of Reflection – A time of meditation in the dark with soothing music, cleansing the mind
· Members wear tuxedos and white gloves; Visitors wear a tuxedo or dark suit
· Attendance is mandatory for members (the roll of the workmen is called)
· Membership is limited to 47 members per bylaws
· Education papers are presented at each meeting
· Following Lodge, Brothers and guests attend a Festive Board or social with a catered meal and Masonic toasts
Copyright © 2022 Renaissance Lodge #933 - All Rights Reserved.